- Plus, how does the city turn the Chicago River green each year?
Do you know how the Chicago River is dyed green in honor of St. Patrick’s Day? This tradition, started some 50 years ago, continues today with the help of powdered vegetable dye. Over 40 pounds is mixed into the water each Saturday before the official holiday. Green waves flowing through the heart of downtown signal a weeklong festival of parades, dance, brews, and much Irish pride.
In honor of “The Emerald Isle” we at Razny Jewelers have collected our favorite David Yurman pieces reflecting the spirit of the season. With spring only a few days away, these beautiful gems complement perfectly the florals and greenery soon to decorate our town.
Stop in today to try on these beautiful accents in person!
From left to right:
- Osetra Band Ring with Green Onyx, David Yurman
- Continuance Ring with Prasiolite, David Yurman
- Osetra Pendant Necklace with Green Onyx, David Yurman
- Osetra End Station Bracelet with Green Onyx, David Yurman
- Osetra Bangle Bracelet with Peridot, David Yurman
- Cable Classics Bracelet with Green Onyx and Diamonds, David Yurman
Chicago109 E. Oak Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Addison1501 West Lake Street
Addison, Illinois 60101
Highland Park1700 Green Bay Road
Highland Park, Illinois 60035
Hinsdale37 South Washington Street
Hinsdale, Illinois 60521