Accountant (GL) & AP/AR
Razny Jewelers, a high-end jewelry and fine watch retailer with four stores in the Chicagoland area, is looking for an Accountant (General Ledger) & AP/AR to join our team as a full-time employee working out of our Addison, IL location. This candidate will be responsible for enhancing our general ledger preparation and financial reporting, utilizing QuickBooks, and for supporting retail sales with critical data analysis that will help the owner, as well as store and department managers make profitable decisions. In addition, this position, working under the Operations/Accounting Director, will supervise the accounts payable, accounts receivable and sales tax functions and staff.
The Razny Jewelers family is proud to celebrate life’s most precious moments with our customers. For over 70 years and three generations, we have continuously set the bar for an industry dependent upon superior service, quality and value. We attribute our success as a premier family-owned jeweler to the efforts of our superb staff.
The best candidate must be comfortable contributing/working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment.
- Complete month-end close and inter-store reconciliations.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly financial reports (general ledgers) by store.
- Prepare analysis of monthly financial statement and account reconciliations.
- Ensure proper internal controls over the accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations, both balance sheet and P&L.
- Supervise staff handling the accounts payable and receivable areas and staff handling sales tax.
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities for accounting and work closely with internal teams to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
- Provide analytical support in year-end audits as well as preparing audit working paper files.
- Demonstrate outstanding critical thinking skills, problem resolution and able to explain the rational for decision to staff for their understanding and growth.
- Lead special projects and create ad-hoc reporting as needed by the Owner and Operations/Accounting Director
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience is required. Retail accounting is preferred.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting. Non-degreed applicants must have equivalent experience and working knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience with financial reporting, GL modules of QuickBooks, and with other financial systems including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is strongly preferred.
- Must be a strong communicator and a collaborative team player with a hands-on approach and a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality.
Razny Jewelers offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, contribution to retirement plan and discounts on store merchandise. If you love jewelry and watches and would like to join a strong and growing team, please contact us today!
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision group insurance
- IRA which includes a matching program
- Life & Disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off/Sick Pay Program with Holiday pay
- Continued training & career development
- Employee discounts on all our products
We attribute our success as a premier family-owned jeweler to the efforts of our superb staff. If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Razny Team and would enjoy being around beautiful jewelry and timepieces, please reply as soon as possible.
Email your résumé to Manager@Razny.com.